Friday 2 August 2013

Have You Seen The Gruffalo In North Shields?

You'll be pleased to know that today the wee man has mainly been morphing steadily from one giant spot to one giant scab. This is good news for us as we may, come next week, be slowly allowed to reintroduce ourselves into society. Does anybody want to play with us? Please?????? I'll pay you...

I mentioned yesterday that the last sanctuary for us would be a deep dark wood. So with this in mind, where do you think we went today? Well it wasn't just one but two fairly dark woods. Alas as we took a stroll through the deep dark wood we did not see The Gruffalo. Though I'm not sure what my reaction would be if such a beast came at me from behind a tree. Surprise for one I would imagine but seeing as one of the place we went today was near North Shields anything is possible I suppose.

I may have been a bit sluggish with a Gruffalo as last night I came home early from my pub quiz on the request of The Chancellor as the wee man had gone to sleep and woken and cried for a couple of hours while rubbing all his spots. After a few pints of strong lager this was fun to come home to but luckily the smell of my breath quietened him down but it took him a while to finally get to sleep.

Hopefully by the time I come home on Sunday we should be fully on the way to recovery and I hope some of the spots will have finally dropped off. Luckily we won't have to go through this again with him but the whole thing has made me a dash philosophical. As the wee man stands next to me naked, covered in so much anti itch cream that he looks like an albino man, I have come to the conclusion that children exist solely to give you a sense of perspective in life.

I mean if you are a parent you will know that life with a child can be utterly absurd. Does anything else really matter when your son is standing there dancing to In the Night Garden while covered head to toe in a brighter than white calamine cream? Probably not. Recession? Nope. My fantasy football team? Nope. Our new home? Nope. The only thing that matters is getting your child well again.

jpr





No comments:

Post a Comment