Tuesday 16 July 2013

The Wee Man Vs. The Nasty Boy

There's always one. No matter where the wee man and I go there is always one little *insert rude word here* who has to ruin the whole day for everyone. It happens a lot at soft plays but today at our regular Baltic trip one boy ruined it for nearly every other child and parent. This tedious boy ran around pushing every child bar one or two. Included was the wee man but he just stood and looked at the boy like he was some crazy child. The mother of this boy seemed pretty soft with her son but after he had pushed every child in the room she finally got firm with him and promptly whisked him out of the room while giving his a good slapping. Cue a huge sigh of relief from everyone in the room.

Children hitting or pushing each other is generally a regular thing but it's the response of the parent of the child in question which is the most important thing. Some of my friends are a bit quicker to have a word with the parents than I am but I have been close in the past to saying that they should keep a better eye on their child.

But how far is it over reaction from us and how far is it just crap parenting by the shitty child's parents. I heard recently of a person's nephew having their eyes scratched by a wantaway child whose parent's were not paying any attention at all. I know some people have boycotted soft plays simply because there are some nasty kids there.

As the wee man has gotten older I have worried about things like this more and more but I suppose it's just something kids have to learn and be aware of, but this doesn't make it any easier for the parents. In the end it's just a developmental stage and I'm sure I pushed children at the wee man's age though I was the golden boy. I actually felt sorry for the mother today as I know how hard it is to control a toddler sometimes and it's never easy to be the only one in the room with a mental child. Never-the-less if it happens again with any other child I'm saying something.

jpr

 

No comments:

Post a Comment