Monday 8 July 2013

The Wee Man, His Grand Pa And Iggle Piggle

Sitting watching In the Night Garden with my father is always fun. He is a University Professor and wonders why we're allowing him to watch such a programme. He also, like most of us, finds it hard to work out what the hell is going on. He asks us, "Who's he? And why he's blue? And I didn't realise Makka Pakka was so small, has he got arthritis?" ( why my father thinks he has this ailment is anyone's guess). 

After various nights watching it with his grandson however he now quite enjoys it and has even started to remember character names or his own special versions of the names. Secretly I think he watches it even when we're not here to visit. It is one of those addictive shows for parents and naturally it's baby heroine, so everyone's a winner.


Maybe it's a generational thing, I mean my father was brought up in a Yorkshire village where his house had an outside toilet. Old school. So anything where the characters are remnants of an acid trip will be alien to the man, especially as he has his head in academia all day. Things must has changed dramatically for him, or so he likes to tell us. To be honest the times have changed for me and I'm half my dad's age.

My father must endure Iggle Piggle and the crew for a few more nights as we're down here until Thursday. This is going to be a big week for us for various reasons, but I'll get into trouble if I divulge any more, so you must wait.

jpr 




 

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment