Friday 5 July 2013

The 300th Post

Aside from two days recently I have been writing One Man and a Wee Bairn for 300 days in a row. *Insert exhausted face here*. In this time I have talked about nearly everything there is talk about with regards to children and parenting. From the banal to the very important the wee man and I have gone through a lot together and thinking back I'm wondering if there's anything I have learnt along the way.


  1. Always leave the house with a spare nappy. At the start I was somewhat liberal with the change bag but learnt that horrible day in Sainsbury's when the wee man decided to have a massive runny poo that spares of everything are needed no matter where you go.
  2. Never take any shit from any other parent or member of the public about your child. The only time you can put up with rubbish is if your child hits or bites another child, luckily the wee man hasn't done this yet, However if someone makes a silly comment, you just tell them to sod off. It's liberating.
  3. Never leave a toddler to their own devices. This is generally a norm however I on occasion let the wee man roam around a couple of rooms when I'm in the shower for instance and usually come back through to find him scaling something very tall. He is quickly removed and attached to a ball and chain.
  4. Never feed your child after dark. For this just watch Gremlins and know that this will you happen to you.
  5. Finally, have booze in the house for those just in case moments. You know what I mean...

So nearly a year to the day I took over and 300 days of blogging I learnt quite a bit but I dare say none of it will be helpful as we move into the next stages and soon enough the wee man will be telling me to 'sod off' and that he hates me. Good times.

jpr

No comments:

Post a Comment