Wednesday 24 July 2013

How To Get A Piece Of Key Lime Pie

Good afternoon. First for you today is a smattering of Baby Centre. If you haven't noticed it's pretty warm outside and I for one am sick of it all. This week's blog I moan a lot about it all http://www.baby.co.uk/mum_stories/does-your-child-cope-well-in-the-heat/. I have also written another blog this week but I'm not willing to share the link as it's about Prince William and some royal baby. For those of you who know me personally you will know that I only write these things because my editor asks me to and not because I like the royals. I am a true Roundhead. Anyway if you nosey around the site my blog will be somewhere as will a million posts about Kate and Wills but I'm not going to give you any clues to where it is.

And so onto a child I actually care about and the wee man has now become a master when it comes to manipulation. He has learnt that if he doesn't get what he wants from one of us then he will go to other and will generally get it.

Today he came to me wanting a bit of my chocolate chip muffin, I said no and he promptly went to The Chancellor with a sad face and pointing at me (I'm the big bad wolf) and he got some key lime pie. His face changed quite quickly once he got the tasty spoonful. The Chancellor can never say no to him. It's one thing when you're divided about desserts but what happens when he wants booze or a packet of fags? Where does it end?

I'm pretty sure all children have their parents wrapped around their fingers, I've seen some real treats out and about. Some parents just cave at the first sight of a tantrum. The wee man doesn't even need to do this as The Chancellor wilts at his little sad face. We all need to toughen up a dash...

jpr  

No comments:

Post a Comment