Saturday 6 July 2013

Birthday At The Beach



It's my birthday today. Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear Jamie, happy birthday to me...But the only problem is I don't really like birthdays. With events in the past week this year's is much quieter and if I had my way we wouldn't be celebrating it at all. So seeing as there's a mini heat wave in the UK at the moment there was no other place to be than on the beach. Though next time I'm taking appropriate swim wear and a spare set of clothes.

I decided to go for a bit of swim seeing as the water was actually quite warm. So I stripped down to my pants and t-shirt and waded into the water. However, I had forgotten that the pants I was wearing had a massive hole in them somewhere around the south pole and only noticed as I burst from the water Daniel Craig style that somethings were on view quite clearly and especially to one Granny who was sat on the beach. All a bit too embarrassing, so I thought it best to towel up and promptly threw the pants out on my return home. This is exactly what you want on your birthday and I'm surprised she didn't run off and call the authorities on me for flashing. The Chancellor found this all very funny and was later shocked by the size of the hole in my pants. By the way I'm going clothes shopping tomorrow to rectify my poor range of underwear.

Apart from going swimming later and eating fish and chips that's another year down and one year closer to grey hairs, though I'm surprised having a toddler hasn't brought them on sooner.

...and many more...


jpr





 

No comments:

Post a Comment