Wednesday 5 June 2013

When Were You Last Bored?

Children don't generally give you moments of peace. If a calm moment does present itself for parents then it should be indulged in, it should be reveled in and it should be treated with the utmost respect. People who don't have kids don't realise how good they've got it, this isn't their fault, it's just how things are. People who get sleep and people who have time to be bored make me jealous. I can't remember when I was last bored, for that matter I bet out of the parents I know and who read this blog I bet they've haven't experienced boredom recently.

We are lucky at the moment. The wee man does so much running around during the day that when he hits his cot he, more often than not, is asleep within minutes. So our evenings are sacred and I try my best to do nothing more than sit and watch mind numbing TV (at the moment box sets of 24). I try not to write and, even though I must at the moment, I can't bring myself to paint. Some nights, if I still have the energy to do so, I may read or write some of my book but concentrating longer than ten minutes is difficult. And as soon as I'm in bed I'm almost asleep. Again I bet this is similar to every other parent. If I could go back in time and give a pre-child me one piece of advice it would be enjoy every moment of boredom and every moment of snoozing I possibly could.

Tonight I am tired and writing this blog has taken me an hour mainly because I'm too tired already to concentrate on the simplest words and grammatical nuances. After I eat I will collapse and probably fall asleep on the sofa. Once, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away I was quite cool and vaguely rock and roll. And now? Well I'm just a rock.
 
Also today there is a slice of Baby Centre excitement and fun for you. If you go to http://www.baby.co.uk/mum_stories/the-dangers-of-parenting-guides/ you will find a blog about parenting guides and the dangers they can sometime pose. It's an interesting subject and if you feel like commenting on it with your opinion then please go ahead.

jpr


No comments:

Post a Comment