Thursday 13 June 2013

When Dads Go Drinking Part 4

A Bridge.
Tonight I along with some dads are going to a beer festival. Though this isn't just any beer festival it's the Corbridge Beer Festival. It's the M&S of beer festivals. If you are not au fait with Corbridge then it's fair to say that it's a pretty wealthy place and everything there is all very lovely and horsey. Country set. There you go, that's all you need to know.

The Chancellor is also going out, though she's going to Gateshead which is somewhat different to Corbridge...in every way...in every way. Anyway we've decided to give the wee man his first night home alone, we think he's old enough now. He knows not to watch certain channels after eleven o'clock and my best booze has been locked away in a cupboard...Only joking...before you pick up the phone and call social services. As much as I would trust our toddler son to not throw a party or set fire to our home, a babysitter has been called and arranged.

I, due to the proximity or rather lack of proximity, of Corbridge from Newcastle, have to get a train back tonight. After a night at a beer festival and especially at one as prestigious as Corbridge's, I worry that I may end up falling asleep and wake up in Middlesbrough and no offence to people from Middlesbrough but it's not a place you want to end up in sober let alone drunk. So I must remain with some compos mentis and get off at the right stop. The Chancellor won't be too happy if I don't make it home at all and I dare say neither will I. I'll let you know tomorrow.

jpr






No comments:

Post a Comment