Friday 31 May 2013

The Wee Man, The Smoker

The Eagle eyed among you will have noticed that there hasn't been a Baby Centre Blog this week. Indeed this is true and is due to me having limited RAM to compute everything going on at the moment here at HQ. My wonderful and kind editors were fine with this on the agreement that I get back on my Hamster wheel next week. And seeing as I've just finished the post there will be one so don't despair.

Today has generally been a non starter. The weather was so good in the city that it seemed only appropriate to go to the beach and eat ice cream. However as soon we reached the final stretch of road the sea fret ominously came into view and the wonderful almost 20 degree weather vanished and I needed to add layers to the wee man. *Insert sad face here*. We lasted a meek 20 minutes and ate no ice cream. As we drove off the fret was dissipating but I this stage I couldn't be bothered stopping again so we just came home to the 20 degree weather. *Insert indifferent face here*

This weekend seems as ominous as the fret as the jobs list for the house continues to haunt our dreams. Talking of dreams, two nights ago I dreamt that the wee man, while in the swings and slide section of the park, was smoking a cigarette. I took it from him and in a calm voice said 'No we don't do that', I then flicked the tab away. I'm not sure what this says about the wee man or myself for that matter but I'm guessing it says something.

Anyway it's an early start for me tomorrow as I have to visit the local dump where I will have to converse with large and scary men who have never quite warmed to me during an of my previous visits. I can't think why they wouldn't. This will be followed by painting and painting and more painting and even more painting and if I get a chance...painting.

jpr  



No comments:

Post a Comment