Friday 24 May 2013

Danger, Danger High Voltage

Base jumping looks like fun though the thought of plummeting into a solid concrete wall or the ground isn't quite so fun. The wee man has moved into the world of base jumping-esque activities. In recent days he has learnt that climbing on the sofa means he can get onto the arm of the sofa and then he can use that as leverage to get on his high chair and then the dining table. He did this at first with us watching which was all very nice but then as The Chancellor and I were in the bedroom he vanished and I came through to the living room to find he had done this and was now sitting in the high chair. Probably not the safest thing in the world to do.

On a morning while I shower I tend to the let the wee man roam through a few rooms, generally I can see him from the bathroom or he sits and watches Mike The Knight so I know he's safe. Now though I'm not sure this is a good idea and I probably need to find a safer option as I wouldn't want him to slip and break his neck on the floor. The lad has no fear and no joke as I write he is doing this again (with The Chancellor supervising) but he can now get onto the dining table and stand up and jump around. He is far too excited by this whole thing. The Chancellor is saying "Danger, danger high voltage." That's about right.

jpr



  

No comments:

Post a Comment