Sunday 21 April 2013

Sickness And Chocolate Digestives


It’s been a while since the wee man has been ill. Occasionally he has had the odd cold but he hasn't suffered with a crappy illness for a while, until now. For the past couple of days he has been suffering with a rash and a cough and he looks like how I feel after a night of drinking. After waking up from a disastrously short nap he cried non-stop for a good twenty minutes until we gave him a chocolate digestive this subdued him for a short time until he finished it then he cried again. After a walk and a spot fresh air he quietened down but he still looks rough.

This picture was actually taken a while ago but sums up today quite nicely.
The Chancellor though was in her element caring for her son, giving him plenty of motherly hugs. Not that I don’t give him fatherly hugs but I think her hugs are a bit nicer, plus hers come with chocolate digestives.

On a brighter note I managed to escape for a couple of hours this morning. I went to be a stereotypical writer and sat in a cafe writing my novel and drinking far too much coffee. So much so that I came home with the jitters and felling sick. I sensed the wee man was waiting for my return to cry as much as he did just to punish me for having ‘man time’.

Luckily for all of us the mighty Calpol seems to have had some effect, as it always does, but his rash does look very sore and if it is there in the morning a trip to our GP may be order. For all of us we hope that sleep comes back as we have had some interrupted nights and I'm back on duty tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment