Thursday 14 February 2013

Voi Che Sapete Che Cosa E Amor

There's nothing better (or worse) than a good commercialized day when you're told to feel something profound. You'll be pleased to know that today my body does ache, alas not with the burning embers of passion for The Chancellor but with the end of man flu that I'm still suffering from. To make up for a few years or so of standing up against 'the man' and not buying into Valentine's day, I went to a nice upmarket food hall this morning and got various things to treat The Chancellor with tonight.

I would like to point out that our wedding anniversary is only a week or so away and my excuse for not getting The Chancellor anything on Valentine's in the past is that I will treat her to things on our anniversary. More often than not I bypass the anniversary and say I will treat her on her birthday a couple of months away. This system roles on and on until the next year. A vicious cycle.

The wee man was up bright and early today to spread his own special kind of love. This would have been bearable had it not been for me being able to smell his gift before I had even opened his door. My head sunk with visions of what would be waiting for me. My suspicions were confirmed as his levee had indeed broken and what would have been a routine morning required a full scale clean up job and a full change of clothes for him. I managed to coerce him back to sleep for half an hour but it wasn't long before the shouts of "Hey" came from behind that white door. He did though have plenty of hugs for his mum which always melts her heart especially as she hadn't seen him yesterday due to her being sociable. But she is due home early today where there will be halfhearted romantic preparations under way. She's very lucky isn't she?!

If you have a partner who is as unromantic as me then I'm sorry. I do have some single friends but to go out with them you will be required to like wildlife in remote locations and hard liquor. Or hard liquor in remote locations. Either way you're probably best to look in Newcastle on a Saturday night. Happy Valentine's Day y'all!

jpr








No comments:

Post a Comment