Friday 15 February 2013

The Other Lady

I could, if the chance arose, make a very good career from looking awkward. After yesterday's rather successful Valentine's fun this morning we had to endure another round of lovey dovey rubbish at the hands of our regular Friday group.

If your thing in life is listening to Lionel Ritchie while being covered with paper hearts and cuddling up with your child's favorite teddy then this was the group for you. Unfortunately it isn't what I tend to do with my time. I'm not a macho man by any means but even the the husband of the group leaders commented that this may not be something I would enjoy. He was indeed right. The Chancellor on the other hand would have loved it seeing as she can't get enough cuddles from the wee man. Luckily for everyone The Chancellor is off work for a week the week after next so she can spend the whole time never letting him out of her arms.

While she is hugging him to death I intend to make a prison break and get of the house for longer than ten minutes.

The other day I was talking to a guy who I know in our local supermarket. He asked how things were going and I told him that it spoke volumes that the highlight of my day is when The Chancellor comes home and I can come to this supermarket by myself for ten minutes  He replied that that doesn't sound too good. I told him that the worst bit wasn't how pathetic that sounded but that I'm spending a small fortune on visiting the supermarket every night. Sainsbury's is now the other lady. I give her £10 every night for ten minutes of gratification and false love. This is just false economy. My friend laughed at this but I could see in his eyes that he thought I was mental. I wanted to tell him "Just you wait until you have children" but the lad is young and I didn't want to fill his night with depressing thoughts of the future. I'm just not that mean.

I think what I need is a hobby then I wouldn't feel the need to walk round the same aisles night after night. I can see in your minds that 'loser' is the word that is circling in your head. It's OK I think that too.

jor











No comments:

Post a Comment