Wednesday 20 February 2013

Children And Communists

Parents (including myself) can be a bit daft sometimes. I put it down to sleep deprivation and day dreaming of the life we used to have. This daftness makes us make decisions that in hindsight are rubbish and you come home after thinking that a better plan should have been made.

As I have told you with it being half term, parents (again including me) are racking their brains to come up with things to do. However when you have an active and pestering child pulling at your leg you have to think fast and inevitably you decide to go to places that are family friendly, simply because it will shut your child up. Now as all the other parents have a fussing and annoying child making them rush their decision everyone goes to family friendly places and they tend to get very busy. You might wonder why this surprises me.

The logic surely must be; let's go somewhere that won't be horribly loud and full of obnoxious children. OK the challenge is there. So what do I do yesterday go to a family friendly place which is horribly loud and full of obnoxious children. I had hoped no one would have had the same idea as me but that was wishful thinking and I quickly realised I'm not as smart as I thought I was. Parents on mass seem to think and work as one unit, the communists of the parenting industry.

I and Funny Daddy only lasted an hour and this included a coffee after we had let our children get knocked over by seven and eight year olds. Today I've been thinking about where we could go and after eliminating all family friendly places the only place I could think of to go was a field. Here I could let the wee man go free and he could run and meet cows and do stuff of that ilk. Poor show from me but I only have another two days to fill until The Chancellor is off for a week. This brings with it a fresh hell as she has a jobs list the size of my arm of things that need doing and with which I must be involved. Swap you?


jpr



    

No comments:

Post a Comment