Saturday 15 December 2012

The 100th post

So we here at HQ have reached the illustrious number of 100 blog posts. To be fair I expected more of the day than ripping apart a small section of my bathroom. I had mentioned some time ago to some people including The Chancellor and Funny Mummy that I wanted to do work on a new bathroom myself and was greeted with heckles and rotten fruit. But despite not owning a tool box or many tools, today I found some testosterone in the bottom of a cupboard and began work with my trusty lonesome hammer. Who needs loads of tools when you have your wits about you and you have a small hammer. Now though there is a giant hole in the bathroom which will be filled at a later date, maybe when I buy some tools.

Anyway as 100 post have gone by it would be good of me to say a few words about the stars of the show. The wee man and The Chancellor both of whom in their own little way make life bearable and who also make me want to sit alone in the bathroom for a few hours sobbing into a picture of me before I had children. I occasionally look at old pictures and think to myself 'bloody hell I looked good.' Maybe not good but relaxed and I had no bags under my eyes and there is a smile on my face.

Since I have taken over this role I can't describe how much I have changed. Not only have I become a quintessential housewife but I have gained an excellent bond with the wee man and despite moaning on here I do actually enjoy being a stay-at-home-dad but I am just generally a miserable git.

Finally before I sound like a melodramatic teenage girl from a teen movie who cries a lot, I want to say a big thank you to all my friends who help me day to day and baby group to baby group, you all know who you are. Blub blub blub blub blub. 'He doesn't love me!' blub blub blub blub.

I'm all man...really.


jpr
   

No comments:

Post a Comment