Monday 24 December 2012

It's Christmas Eve, Somehow.

Is there anybody else out there thinking to themselves how the hell is it Christmas Eve already? Nursing a cocktail hangover after festivities with our friends; blond haired friend, very tall friend, Latin lover friend and recently married friend, I'm struggling to believe that it is Christmas Day tomorrow. Maybe it's the lingering liqueur talking but I'm prepared to detox today in a bid to find out either way. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas? Not sure about that.

The wee man is the real winner this Christmas, as he will be for a few years to come, and after drinks last night we returned delivering bags full of gifts from the girls. One of which, from 'Latin lover' friend, is much bigger than he is in height and I'm very intrigued to know what's in it. There is more of a childish excitement from me at knowing what's in the large bag than there is from the wee man. He is one lucky boy and are friends are very generous with him, so if you are reading this then thank you.

It's a shame no one spoils me anymore but I realise that when you get over a certain age people stop buying you gifts. It makes you want to be a child again, waking up on Christmas morning to the possibility of loads of presents waiting for you. Now you more more than likely wake up with a hangover and a desperate need to sleep and/or vomit. Sad times but a transition that all people must go through.

If you feel need the need to send me something here at One Man HQ in return for reading over 100 blog posts then message me for the relevant addresses, cash or a blank cheque will be the most warmly recieved by me and will warrant you an honorable mention in this wonderful blog or if you're lucky a picture. Also if you want to recieve a signed picture of me for Christmas then send a self addressed envelope to me and one shall come in time for next Christmas, if I can get round to it.

Remember kids prowling, breaking and entering are illegal so if you see Santa in your home arm yourself and show him whose the boss!

jpr



 


No comments:

Post a Comment