Tuesday 13 November 2012

Rachel Riley Doesn't Even Cheer You Up? You Must Be Sick...

So The Chancellor returned to work this morning leaving me still with the illness I had yesterday, minus the blood and the wee man who has now got the illness I have, minus the blood though thank God.

Tonight I am not just excited for her to walk through the door, I will be waiting at the front door for her. As soon as she gets in she will get a baby boy who has cried more often than not for at least three hours this afternoon. I'm going to go and invest in ear plugs before tomorrow because after the first hour of crying it starts to get a bit tiresome and if this happens tomorrow I will need to protect myself. Not even the lovely Rachel Riley on Countdown would cheer him up and her lovely face would cheer anybody up. She always cheers me up.

With Rachel Riley off the table I ran off the obligatory list of things that could be wrong. Teeth? Ok we'll try some teething gel. Not a winner? Ok I know you're a little ill some how about some Calpol? That's tasty isn't it? He sure likes Calpol, but I don't blame him I used to like it too especially back in the day when it had sugar in it. Who didn't? It seemed to do something for a while. Finally though it was a bit of dinner and ten minutes of SpongeBob that calmed him down and seems quite cheery now but I'm still watching the clock on the living room wall and waiting. A watched pot never boils and a watched front door never opens...

On bad days the wee man and I have stood in the front room bay window watching the buses go by seeing if we could spot The Chancellor about to get off. These are the desperation days. It's a shame the nights are so much darker in winter as we can't quite see who's on the bus. When I buy my earplugs tomorrow I will invest in a torch too and we can peer through the gloom for her. That won't look dodgy at all...


jpr

No comments:

Post a Comment