Friday 26 October 2012

The 50th Post

Well that's the half century up on the score board. I'm not sure where fifty days has gone, as Sandy Denny (my favorite female singer) says 'Who Knows Where The Time Goes'. I think that should be the motto of every parent. But I've only got another three hundred and fifteen posts to go until I've reached my target of one post everyday for a year and then a lucrative book deal, a movie which grosses millions and world domination. Johnny Depp to play me in the film version maybe? Jude Law? Am I being a bit adventurous? I don't think so.

So it is only fitting that a landmark post is about not sleeping. In honesty I wonder out of a whole years worth of posts how many of them could be about not sleeping, the number would probably be quite high. But to keep you lovely people happy I have to vary it every now and again. Last night was slightly different than the normal ten minutes of no sleep. We got five hours of no sleep. Five hours. FIVE HOURS. Five hours mainly of crying, which makes those long minutes and hours in the dark seem much longer. However I'm surprisingly chirpy this morning, I don't think it has hit me quite yet the coffee is seeing to that. Though I feel for The Chancellor this morning as she trudged off to work in the dark of an autumnal morning. The wee man finally went to sleep at five this morning and The Chancellor's alarm went off sometime after six. Poor Chancellor, I'm sure I will hear all about it tonight no doubt. I have sympathy as I used to go to work after getting three hours or so sleep and it is awful. I was a zombie standing there living off Lucozade and coffee. My job didn't require much in the way of mental exertion whereas The Chancellor's job requires her to be switched on nearly all of the time. Poor Chancellor. Tonight I hope for a change in fortunes.

I hope you have been entertained for fifty days and maybe have looked at something in a slightly different way than you normally would. I certainly have. Another three hundred and fifteen days? How different will we all be by the time that comes around. Wouldn't be surprised if I'm in Mexico or father to number two or three which would make everything even more complicated as I won't get any peace ever again. Sigh.


jpr









No comments:

Post a Comment