Saturday 13 October 2012

Mr Muscle

What is the first thing you think of doing when you have a couple of hours to yourself? Go on have a think...Do you want to know what I did? You probably don't but I'll tell you. Cleaned grouting in my kitchen. Yep when Saturday comes and the wee man has a mammoth two hour nap I clean grouting with an old nail brush. Rock and bloody roll. The Chancellor and I have these moments every now and again when we realise certain rooms in our house haven't been touched for a LONG time and we obsessively storm through the room in a vain attempt to feel less dirty. Admittedly our kitchen now looks amazing, all thanks to me naturally, and we could quite happily eat off the windowsill and counter tops. The floor is another matter and I will tackle that when I have more energy and when I'm really bored.

When you have a child you have no time to do anything. I have lost count of the amount of times I've come back in from the garden saying that I desperately need a couple of hours to sort it out, do weeding and pruning. But the seasons have passed by extraordinarily quickly and somehow we are into Autumn. Cleaning is the same, all you get time for is a tertiary hoover and maybe a quick spritz of an anti-bacterial spray. Hence why with a spare two hours today we stormed the kitchen.

As I have been writing this the Kraken has awoken and is currently pulling apart the travel section of the newspaper, that The Chancellor was reading. Paper is now strewn everywhere most it it ripped or covered in drool. More mess to tidy on top of all his toys that cover the carpet just waiting for me to break my ankle on. It's hard to believe I haven't been in A&E yet from a toy related injury. I wonder what the stats are for parents who have gone to hospital because of a toy truck or plastic balls. I'm not looking forward to the Lego days.


jpr

No comments:

Post a Comment