Sunday 30 September 2012

Thud

The morning after the night before and reality returns with a thud. With the wee man packed off with his Grandparents, The Chancellor and I embark in a night off in a lovely country hotel for a wedding. Depending what type of parent you are you will either miss your child so much it hurts or you will forget the whole sorry affair and return to the way you were before your life became...well different. Last night I was the latter and let me my hair down quite heartily. I only really break my one dance move when very sozzled and I think I was dancing for at least an hour probably longer so you can imagine how I feel today. The wee man annoyingly slept longer for his Grandparents than he does with us which means tonight when I'm so desperate to sleep he will be up through the night. It's just the way the world works.

It's a strange thing not to be continually worrying about a little creature, thinking about what you have to do next and what you have to do for the rest of the day. So it does take a little time to relax your shoulders but having three drinks on the go during the wedding meal speeds up the process. But before the sun light has gone we were back in our old ways being responsible for only ourselves and not having to worry about everything. This is healthy as you can't be with your child all the time and you need a break from the intensity of child care. So if you are reading this and you are a parent and you are thinking of going away for the night I fully endorse it and I say go at it full tilt.

However the morning light breaks and we return to the boy and he hasn't napped which means he is in wingey mood and The Chancellor and I have hangovers that could slay a couple of good sized boars. Today promises to be a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment